We will gladly assist you with the packaging and delivery of artworks purchased from any of our galleries or online. There are various packaging options. In all instances, we will recommend the most suitable option for packing your specific artwork(s).
We make use of approved and reputable third-party courier companies who will deliver to virtually any destination around the world. The transport companies use air freight, sea freight, and road freight, depending on the goods being transported and your choice of delivery. All shipment and courier deliveries are insured in-transit, offering you additional peace of mind.
Artwork rolled in a tube
This safe and cost-effective packaging is our preferred packaging option. We'll remove the canvas from the wooden stretcher frame and roll it up into this sturdy and protective cardboard tube for shipping.
IMPORTANT: Rolled artworks will need to be re-stretched at your local framer.
We package the artwork on its stretcher frame or frame. The artwork is securely bubble-wrapped and packed into a sealed cardboard box. This option offers good protection of your artwork while in-transit, without the additional cost associated with custom-crating.
Custom Crated Artwork
We build a custom-crate specifically to provide the best protection for your artwork. However, it's also the most costly option. We recommend custom-crates for the transportation of fragile artworks such as sculptures, ceramics and very large paintings.
This is the most convenient delivery method. A courier company will transport your packaged artwork from South Africa to your closest international airport. They will liaise directly with you to clear Customs and process any payments. The package will be released from Customs after payment and the courier company will proceed to deliver your artwork to your home or office
Most cost effective for larger and/or heavier packages, like sculptures. We transport your packaged artwork to your nearest international airport from where you can arrange for customs clearance and collect the parcel directly yourself or arrange a clearing company to collect and deliver to you. Once it arrives at your destination cargo terminal you will be contacted to clear customs and collect.
The most cost-effective transportation option for very large and/or heavier packages but does take the longest. It involves transporting your packaged artwork to your nearest International; seaport from where you can arrange for Custom clearing and collect the parcel.
Please note that in all instances your delivery quote is calculated using a combination of dimensions, physical weight, volumetric weight, as well as the destination. Depending on your choice of delivery option, it can take anything from a few days up to eight (8) weeks for your package to arrive at the destination country, however, most items are delivered in under two (2) weeks (unless you've chosen sea freight). Our 'shipping' quoted amount covers packaging, local courier Si, freight paperwork, local Customs processing (South Africa), international transportation and includes insurance in-transit. These are all the costs that can be calculated in advance.
The potential charges excluded from our shipping quote:
- Customs import duties/taxes/VAT/handling or clearance fees, which are only assessed upon inspection at destination by your local Customs authority
- Customs stops, examinations, storage (if any)
- Special delivery requirements (like un-crating, by special request before sending)
- Fumigation (if needed, by special request before sending)
- Unfortunately, neither we nor the courier company have any way of knowing in advance what these fees might be Please contact your local Customs office for more information.
- Delays - while we will endeavour to prevent any delays, we are not responsible for any delays, damage or loss due to the use of third-parties used to transport the artworks on your behalf. Please note that if you delay collecting your parcel from the airport / sea port once you have been contacted, you may be charged a storage fee by the airport / sea port authorities.
- Your preferred daytime physical delivery address
- Your preferred daytime telephone number (preferably mobile)
- Your email address - for the couriers to liaise directly with you throughout the shipping process.
We have successfully shipped and delivered thousands of artworks all around the world during our more than thirty years of operation. Assuring you of our best service at all times.